Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What happened to the warm weather?

O.K. the weather here is ridiculous!!! I'm soooo ready for spring! The past few days have been wonderfully warm and I've been able to raise the windows and let some fresh air in. My dafodills are blooming and the flowering trees and bushes have beautiful tiny pink flowers.

Why oh why is it cold today? It's in the 40's today and will be dipping into the 30's by tonight with a high of only in the 30's tomorrow. And that's not all...we're expecting sleet and freezing rain tonight and tomorrow. I am dreading having to turn the heat back on....won't probably do it until the thermostat registers about 62.

Today is one of those days when I have had a lot to do and feel like I haven't got much accomplished. I needed to do some baking today, but just haven't gotten around to it...I guess I'll get pizza crusts made tomorrow.

I did make a large breakfast this morning, do two loads of laundry, two loads of dishes, clean toilets, homeschool, went shopping for Blake some new jeans, and have dinner started, so I guess it's not so bad.

Tomorrow, I want to get my baking done, dusting, mopping, ,make out my grocery list,homeschooling, and I would like to get back to my sewing (now that I have bought a pkg of new needles.

I'm a very beginner when it comes to sewing, but determined. I have a granddaughter and a stepdaughter that I would like to make some clothes for. I have learned that I seriously need help when it comes to doing sleeves. Anyone have any suggestions or tips?

One last thing, thought I would leave you with a recipe for today. On busy days I rely on quick and easy recipes that are filling.

Teryaki Chicken Sandwiches

2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. minced garlic
1 TBSP brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
hamburger buns

In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.

Spoon chicken mixture onto each bun.

No comments: