Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday's This and That

So, how did everyone do on their challenge of 5 Things that Went Right? Don't forget to post them in the comments.

Yesterday was a good day. I invited a friend over that I haven't seen in a couple of months. I knew she was going thru some difficult times and it was good to just visit for awhile.

We were supposed to have a family from Michigan over for dinner last night, but her son wasn't feeling to well and they had to cancel. Hopefully, we will be able to get together before they leave on Saturday.

I had already planned out dinner before they cancelled so I just went ahead and finished making the lasagna, homemade garlic bread sticks and butterfinger pie.

I have learned something about myself....I love to have people over to the house! I would love to have a big get together sometime, but I just don't know that many people here yet. Maybet when it is warmer, we can have a neighborhood barbeque.

Other than that it was a quiet day here and it starting to warm up. I got up this morning and most of the snow had melted. Blake has asked if we can go to the park and play tennis today. Let me say this....neither one of us is a tennis player. If anyone was watching, they would certainly have a great laugh!

I'm gonna leave you with my easy simple recipe for butterfinger pie as I'm making breakfast and waiting for my husband to get home from work (he's working 3rd shift for now). Have a happy Thursday!!!

Butterfinger Pie

1 graham cracker pie crust
1 tub of cool whip or store brand whipped topping, thawed
1 8 oz bar cream cheese, softened
3 regular butter finger bars or 10 snack size bars, crushed and divided.

In a bowl, combine whipped topping and cream cheese. Mix with large spoon until blended together. Fold in 1/2 of the crushed butterfinger bars.

Place mixture in pie crust and top with other 1/2 crushed butterfingers.

Place in refrigerator for about 2 hours before serving.

Engjoy!!

No comments: