Thursday, March 26, 2009

Not much to say....

I wish I had something interesting and inspiring to post today...but I don't. I really want to be able to uplift and encourage women in their roles as wives and mothers. However, today is just one of those "blah" days we all have once in awhile.

I haven't been feeling to great lately and I don't know what's wrong. I am tired all of the time, and I mean ALL of the time. I feel as though I am in a haze and just going thru the motions of keeping house and cooking. I hope this feeling goes away and goes away SOON!!

Today, I was supposed to mop all the floors, but it will just have to wait as I have other things to accomplish.

I have made 4 pizza crusts for tomorrow night. My step-kids will be arriving tomorrow night and I always try and fix homemade pizzas on those nights. My son says that they are better than Domino's pizza. I know it is something everyone looks forward to twice a month and it is sooo much cheaper than delivery. I pre-bake the crusts a day ahead and wrap them in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer until the next day.

I am also making my kids' favorite cookies - Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies...Yummm! I hope I can keep myself from eating them...but probably not!

I have to sort and file my coupons today and make out a grocery list. I went and picked up a Kroger flyer yesterday. We don't have much choice for grocery stores here, just Kroger and Walmart. It's hard to get the great deals I see so many people posting on the yahoo groups I frequent.

About 8 or 9 years ago, I was a grocery shopping queen. I loved going grocery shopping because I got amazing deals (that is when I lived elsewhere and had various of grocery stores to choose from). I took cash with me and never spent over $65.00 per week. That was for 5 people and 1 dog. It also included all of my paper products as well.

Lately, I have been spending WAY too much at the store and its got to stop! So, I am going to pay attention more to the sales and my coupons and see how I do. I would like to eventually spend no more than $85.00 a week for groceries. I know, some of you do much, much better than that.

I'll be going grocery shopping tomorrow (hopefully) and will let everyone know how I do.

No comments: