Friday, March 20, 2009

Getting older

Today I had an appointment with the optometrist. I wear contacts but I am wanting to switch back to glasses. My contacts have been giving me some problems. I am near sighted, but when I wear them, I have had to start wearing reading glasses to do things like reading.

So, it was no surprise when the doctor said out loud the word that I had been dreading to hear " BIFOCALS " .

I thought bifocals were only for "old" people. (Sorry if I just offended anyone).

Am I old? O.k...the grey hair is coming in, but I try and keep it hidden with "warm golden brown" courtesy of Nice and Easy.

The lady that helped me find a pair of frames was very nice. We were talking while she picked out a frame for me, as she said the frames I picked out were too big for my face. I told her that my oldest son would be 22 this year. She said, "Wow, you don't look that old." Then she followed up with, "That's not what I meant. What I meant to say was that you don't look old enough to have a 22 year old."

I took it as a compliment. My husband is quite a few years younger than me and I always worry that I will look older, you know what I mean?

I am very fortunate to look younger than I am; I get it from my mom. She is in her early 60's, but she looks like she is in her late 40's.

Anyway, bifocals...just another um milestone?

No comments: