Tuesday, March 10, 2009

God is good....

Good morning....

It's a cloudy Tuesday here with the chance of rain. But, it is warm and I have the windows open. I love being able to open the windows and have fresh air in the house.

The other night I watched the movie "The Hiding Place" about Corrie Ten Boom. If you are not familiar with the story, The Ten Boom helped to hide Jews during the war. They were eventually discovered and taken to concentration camps. Corrie and her sister were imprisoned at the same camp. It was horrible conditions. All thru it, Corrie's sister, Betsy, would always say "thank you" to God. She reminded Corrie to thank God for ALL circumstances.

The barracks that they were in was infested with lice. Corrie told Betsy that she was not thankful for the lice. It was later learned that the German guards would not bother them in the barracks because of the lice. Due to this they were able to read and teach the Bible (which they smuggled in) to the other captors. Corrie and Betsy were thankful to God for the lice.

We are to be thankful to God for all situations. It is a hard thing to do. I know it is hard for me and sometimes I have to admit...I am not thankful. But God knows the "big picture". We can only see the small. We do not know why or when God does things, but we have to have faith and trust in Him.

I have been struggling with this. But God tells us not to worry. God has ALWAYS provided my needs. Not necessarily my wants, but always my needs.

As you go thru the rest of the weeks, be thankful to God no matter what your situation.

No comments: