Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Sorry I didn't get to post my pics yesterday. As I said, I haven't been feeling to well lately and frankly, I was just in one of those "weepy" type of moods. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talkin' about.

Today started off much better, got up and dressed...the sun was shinning outside, birds were chirping and I had my contemporary Christian music playing over the T.V. I was able to get my morning routine chores done and my Tuesday Cleaning done (thoroughly cleaning the bathrooms), and homeschool has been completed and worked checked.

I went to Goodwill and purchased two dresses (I only wear dresses now...maybe I'll post about that at a later time) for a whopping.....drum roll please.....$8.00!!!!
I love going to thrift shops! I am hoping to find some canning equipment there, but so far, no such luck.

Anyway, here's recipe, instructions, and photos for my homemade cinnamon rolls. Hope you enjoy them. Also, please leave me a comment sometime...I'm startin' to feel pretty lonely.

HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS

1 cup warm milk - about 70 to 80 degrees
1/4 cup warm water - about 70-80 degrees
1/4 cup softened butter
1 egg
1 tsp salt
4 cups bread flour
1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp dry active yeast

FILING:
1/4 cup softened butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon (sometimes I use more..just depends on your taste)
FROSTING:
4 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 tsps. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Place the first nine ingredients in your bread machine and select the dough setting.
When it is finished , turn dough onto a slightly floured surface. Roll into a rectangle about 17 in. by 10 in. (doesn't have to be perfect.)
Spread with butter; sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.


Roll up , jelly-roll syle, starting from a long side.


Pinch Seams to seal.


Cut into approximately 21 slices...sometimes I usually slice into about 18.


Place 12 slices, cut side down, in a greased 13 in X 9 in baking pan and 9 rolls in a 9in sq baking pan. Okay...my other pan isn't square.


Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubles, about 45 minutes.


Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for about 5 minutes.



If you want them frosted, just beat frosting ingredients in a mixing bowl and spread on your cinnamon rolls.

You won't believe how great these smell while baking in the oven.

YUMMY!!!

No comments: