Saturday, March 7, 2009

Friday was a busy family day....

Yesterday was such a beautiful warm day!! It was great that my husband was off and we got to spend some time together.

I had some appointments to run to first thing in the morning and got them done a lot qicker than expected. Made it home about 10:00 am and hubby decided he was hungry so we told Blake to get dressed and we headed out to IHOP for breakfast. We don't do that very often, maybe once every couple of months.

I then needed to meet a lady that was buying some of my stepdaughter's clothes that she had outgrown and then we headed home.

We received our tax refund (yeah!) and was able to pay off our credit cards and medical bills!! Now we are debt free!!!!! No more credit cards - EVER!! These were old. We haven't used them in years. We have learned....if you don't have the cash, don't buy it.

We had a little extra and hubby had been eyeing a rifle that he wanted, so we went and picked it up. For those of you that do not know, my husband used to be in the military and loves to hunt. I didn't know anything about guns before I married him. I still don't know much, but I'm learning. It's funny, when he is telling me something about a certain gun, I look at him and nod. It's like listening to someone talk in a foreign language.

Blake and I went and picked up his soccer uniform and came back home and just chilled out with some T.V. (We cancelled school for the day and will make it up next week).

Later that evening, we picked up a burger at Backyard Burger. The boys dropped me off...by this time my back was hurting. Then they went to the shooting range to shoot Hubby's new rifle.

It was a great day and very productive.

Well, I'm off now. Blake has a soccer game in a little bit and I've gotta pick up snacks for the team.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments: