Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring has sprung - Finally!!!


School is done for the day as well as most of the household chores.

It's a beautiful warm sunny day outside and my windows are open. My husband and I went to Lowe's yesterday and looked at the flowers and herbs. I really would like to plant an herb garden this year. I have a perfect place under a tree in the backyard.
I want to plant rosemary, basil, parsley, mint, cilantro, and thyme.

I also want to put window boxes out this year in the front. I figured I'll need 5. We found some for $7.00 each. Still trying to figure out what I want to put in them. I want some purplish/blue flowers, white dainty flowers, some trailing ivy and probably red petunias or another reddish flower. Our house is grey, so I think this would look great next to it.

We are still wanting to do either a raised bed garden or a container garden. At first, I was leaning more toward the raised beds, but now thinking more that we will do a container garden.

Has anyone used one of those upside down hanging tomato things? My husband is interested in giving it a try...but they are about $19.00 each and I'm not sure if I want to spend the money one one....still deciding.

My husband got his new toy out this morning (his riding lawn mower) and mowed the grass. I absolutely LOVE the smell of grass that has just been cut.

Well, the outdoors is calling. Need to go and clean up all the leaves on the back patio.

No comments: