Saturday, April 4, 2009

Quiet Saturday

It is a beautiful warm and sunny day here. I have the windows open and our next door neighbor is cutting his grass. I just love the smell of fresh cut grass...it just smells, well...clean.

I have no kids all day today and my husband worked night shift and is now sleeping, so it is just ME!!!

I have lots of things to do, but part of me just wants to take it easy and chill out in front of the T.V. I know...sounds pretty lazy.

Well, I did manage so far to do a load of dishes, vacuum the entire house, dust, clean the counters, and start a batch of hamburger buns. I am also going to bake a chocolate cake today. I honestly don't know who loves chocolate more, me or my husband. It's definitely one of our downfalls...sigh.

I need to get outside and transplant some plants. We have two large oak trees out front with flower beds. The family here before planted some monkey grass in the flower beds that I want to transplant as a border for our beds out in the back around our patio.

It's a great day to that, however, I woke up with a stuffy nose and a sore throat and just don't know if I feel like tackling that project today...it may have to wait a little bit.

Oh, and I HAVE to work on some homeschool work for the next week. I can't believe that the school year is almost over. My son, Brian, will be graduating next month!!
So, I have graduation stuff to do as well.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll be posting again on Monday...hopefully with some pictures. I want to do a tour of our house.

No comments: