Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Faith, Fear, Worry, Peace

I am writing this from the heart. I apologize beforehand if doesn't make sense or if I start to ramble (I have a habit of doing that)...o.k., here it goes.

A dear friend called me the other day. She is going through some stressful situations in her life. While talking with her, it made me take a good look at myself and how I handle stress in my life and how I need to handle it.

I am a worrier, I admit it. My husband even says I worry too much. I do. I try not to, and I think I'm getting better. But it leads me to question "Why do we, as Christians, worry"? No matter what situation I have been in, God has been there and has met my needs. He has always provided for my needs. (You need to be able to discern between needs and wants).

Matthew 6:25 NIV

25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?


What does worrying about anything do? Absolutely NOTHING!

I looked up the definition of worry...

Worry: to torment with cares, anxieties, etc.; trouble; plague.

To torment..wow that's a strong word. When you worry, you are tormenting yourself. That isn't what God wants....that is Satan using fear in our lives.

Matthew 6:27 NIV

27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?



I believe that fear is an emotion that Satan uses to get hold of our lives.

How do we overcome this fear and worry? By prayer and getting into the Word of God.

Isaiah 41:10 NIV

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Isaiah 41:13 (NIV

13 For I am the LORD, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.



I have been in situations that at times, I felt hopeless. Worry and fear dominated by days. I still struggle with it. We are not perfect and we have human emotions. I have faith that no matter what is going on in my life, that God is there. He wants to hear from us. We NEED that communication with HIM.

Prayer....Pray each day that God will take the fear and worry out of your life. Ask God to keep Satan out of your day. Pray for peace over your situation.

Romans 15:13 (NIV)

13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.



2 Thessalonians 3:16 (NIV)

16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.



It is with this that I leave you for the day.

I pray that God's love and peace washes over you today.

1 comment:

Jessi C said...

Wow Miss Angela, that was truly inspirational!