Friday, April 10, 2009

Pancakes for breakfast


I make pancakes a lot for breakfast. Matter of fact, that is what we had for breakfast this morning.

Before, I always relied on ready made pancake mix such as Aunt Jemima, or I used Bisquick and the recipe that was on the box. You know those pre-made mixes can get expensive. I just never knew that it was so easy to do yourself.

I have adapted a recipe that I found to make it my own...so here it is:

My Yummy Pancakes

2 cups milk
2 medium eggs
2 Tbsp oil
1 to 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
3 cups flour (I just use the bread flour that I already have)

In a med to large bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients. Beat with a fork or a whisk.
Add the last 3 ingredients. Beat again. Mixture will be lumpy.

In a skillet or a griddle, heat on medium heat and melt a spoonful of butter or use a little oil to grease it.

When heated, drop about 1/4 cup of batter...if your skillet is large enough you can cook two or three at a time. As your pancake cooks, little bubbles will begin to form. When the pancake has plenty of bubbles and the top is beginning to dry out, it's time to turn it over to the other side and let it cook.

Repeat until all the batter is used.

The above recipe will usually make enough for 3 pancakes each for 7 people.

Enjoy!!

No comments: