Monday, April 6, 2009

A Day in the Life of Me...

Thought I would share what my day today is like. I'll be updating the post throughout the day.

I woke up late this morning - 7:34. I haven't been sleeping well as alergies have kicked in and my nose gets stuffy at night making it difficult to sleep.

My cats always greet me as I open my bedroom door. They are ready to be fed. I have 3 full grown cats and 6 kittens. I am trying to find a home for the kittens as soon as possible as they are slowly destroying my house.



After feeding the kittens, the next thing I HAVE to do is make coffee. Yes, I'm one of those people that absolutely must start my day with a cup of coffee. I have a Gevalia Coffee Maker that has worked great for a few years now.



Time to do my daily routine:

Wipe down kitchen counters, sweep kitchen floor

Wipe counter and toilet in hall bathroom



My son keeps his hamster in the bathroom at night because he is too noisy.



Cleaning the master bathroom



Time to check the email....my computer pooped out on me this morning. Had to wait to check email.



It's now a little after 8:00 time to get dressed before Brian gets home from work. Here's what I'm wearing today (I've gone to all dresses and skirts) Sorry the picture is sideways.



It's 8:30 and time to get Blake's schoolwork written out for the day



It's now 1:00 and I just got back from taking hubby to the dentist...we left about 10:30 this morning - he had to have two teeth pulled.

Now it's off to get prescriptions filled. Blake was on his own for lunch today.

2:00 - back from pharmacy. Time for me to eat lunch...starving.

Since I didn't get to finish making the bed this morning...I only stripped the sheets, I need to put on fresh sheets.


All done, much better. Don't forget to clean the mirrors, windowsills, and ceiling fans.



Now, time for a quickie clean of the kitchen. Took all of 5 minutes.

Before:


After:


Oops! Forgot to unload the dishwasher...better do it now.


It's now about 3:20 pm. Since our homeschooling was disrupted today by going to the dentist, I'm going to go over some school work with Blake.

4:00 school is done - yea!

Time to take laundry out of dryer (I put it in this morning), fold and put away.
Just had one load to do today.



Here's a picture of hubby relaxing on the couch.



Laundry is all put away. On to dinner. Tonight I am just making vegetable soup and cornbread. I don't use a recipe for the soup, I just throw in whatever I have on hand. Here's all of laid out on the counter....


After putting everything in the pot, I decided to work on my coupon binder while dinner is cooking. I have lots of coupons that I need to cut and organize.


Dinner is done. Time to eat.


After eating, time to tidy up kitchen...again.


Wow, now time to relax. It's about 6:30 and I'm going to just chill out with my hubby and watch some t.v. Blake is on the computer. Later I'll take my shower and get to bed about 10 pm.

I hope everyone has a good evening, go and enjoy it with your family.

No comments: