Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Preparing Your Fields for the Rain


God has laid this on my heart for days to post. I have to be honest, I have been fighting it. I didn't want to do it. I am not an eloquent writer...I kept telling God, I don't know what to say. But He kept pressing me. Each night I would hear the words over and over..."prepare your fields for the rain".

What does this mean? If you have ever seen the movie, Facing the Giants, you will remember the scene where the coach was in his office...wondering if he should stay or go, wondering what does God want him to do, and feeling...lets just say....really down. A man walks into his office and quotes Revelation 3:8 - I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

The coach walks into the hall after the man and tells him that his has been praying to God, but hasn't seen him working. The man then tells the story of how two men had fields and both had been praying for rain, but only one of the men actually prepared his field for the rain. Which man do you think received the rain? The one that prepared his fields....

God wants to pour down on us, but we have to be ready to receive it. When praying to God, don't pray half heartedly...believe that NOTHING is impossible for God to do in our lives. Believe it....live it....share it....

This is a lesson that I am still learning. I think that is why God wanted me to share this.

I have gone thru my share of troubles....but I serve an awesome God who has been right there with me every step of the way.

What are you doing to prepare your fields for the rain?

No comments: