Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's Okay to Have a Lazy Day Sometimes

Let me first say this....I have been dealing with guilt issues a lot here lately. I won't go into all the details, but let's just say that it has been weighing me down more than I think I can bear sometimes. With that being said, I'm am learning that it is okay for me to just step back sometimes and not put so much pressure on myself to get it all done on a specified day.

I love having a schedule and it makes me feel so good when I can mark off my list things that I got accomplished that day. However, it can also be a two edged sword...when I don't get everything done that I wanted to get done, it can make me feel extremely guilty. I'm sure some of you know what I mean...oh, I didn't get this done, or that done...I'm a bad housekeeper, bad wife, bad mom....and this list can go on and on.

It's okay to let it go sometimes...but just don't get in the habit of doing it everyday.

Yesterday, I took my son to the dentist. We had to be there at 8:00 am. We didn't leave until a little after 10:00 am. Well, that little trip threw a wrench in my schedule. My husband was still home and thankfully had my washing machine fixed (I had been without a washing machine for 3 days..YIKES!)so I proceeded to go ahead and get some more clothes washed. Before I knew it it was lunch time. I hadn't so much had begun to clean my kitchen like I normally do on Wednesdays.

So I took a schedule "time out". You know...my kitchen will still be here and I can do a deep clean another day. So yesterday, I did as much laundry as I could before it got too hot in the house(another problem I am dealing with) and spent most of the afternoon on the phone with our mortgage officer.

So cleaning for the day was pretty much out....and you know what...it's okay! I spent the afternoon renting movies and watching T.V. with my husband and son....

So, I was "lazy" for a day...so what! Maybe we all need to be lazy sometimes.

Sorry if this post doesn't make sense. It is early here and I haven't had my morning cup of coffee yet - but I have given the dog a bath!

Have a blessed Thursday!

No comments: