Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ahhh...the dentist

Last week I took my 18 year old to the dentist for a regular check up and a cleaning.
When we left, we were told that my son would have to have extensive dental work done and that I needed to come back next week for a "planning" meeting. When you have to come for a planning meeting, you know that it's bad.

So, I went today, and I was right....it was BAD! How did my son's teeth get into such bad shape? One of the answers I was given was : too much soda. So, we have tried to cut out the soda...I don't really drink it anymore, but Brian does. So, he has snuck one in here and there, but for the most part is trying really hard not to drink sugary drinks. We mostly drink water here...occasionally tea or a sugar free drink like Crystal Light.

So....with all the work that needs to be done, the total comes out to be over $6000.00. You saw that right...$6,000.00!!!! Praise the Lord for dental insurance. It will reduce it by $4,000. But that still leaves us $2000.00 that we will have to pay out of pocket. Fortunately, we do not have to pay that all at once. If we did....he probably wouldn't be getting dental work done because we just don't have the funds at this time.

Anyway, we will start small and get some work done a little at a time as we can afford it. Luckily, nothing is causing him any pain at the moment and hopefully, we will be able to get stuff done before it does cause any pain.

I'm not going to freak out over this and will just try and go with the flow and know that God is in control...he will provide, he will provide.

On another note, I sent in my resume to a temporary staffing agency. Took my tests on Tuesday and they called me for a temp job yesterday for tomorrow at a law firm. It's just a one day job, but it's a little extra $$$ and I like that I'm not tied down to something everyday.

I'm going to try and get some pizza crusts made today for pizza tomorrow night. Other than that, I'm going to stay in (where it's cool) and try not to get into too much trouble :)

Have a blessed Thursday!!!

No comments: