Saturday, February 7, 2009

Spring Fever

Today has been a beautiful warm day. Its just one of those days where the sun is shining and you just want to be outside. I really have "spring fever". I am sooo tired of the cold wintery days and am longing for the warmer (not hot) weather to arrive and stay. It's about this time of year that I start going to stores and looking at the beautiful flowering plants that I want to put in my yard. I also look at seed packets and try to decide what I want to plant.

This year we are going to try and put in raised beds in our back yard and try utilizing the square foot gardening plan. I really would like some fresh grown veggies this year. We will probably do tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and beans(maybe). I have checked out some books from the library to get me on my way. We will be starting small and maybe expand next year. My mother in law has given us two acres in the country and I am hoping to be able to use it next year.

Well, gotta go start dinner.

No comments: