Friday, February 20, 2009

Potato Bread Recipe

I have been making this bread for sometime now. It is a favorite of everyone. Whenever I am visiting someone they always ask me to bring them a loaf of this bread. I mix it on the "dough" setting in my bread machine so it can do all of the work. I would hopefully like to, in the near future, get a stand mixer so I can make more than one loaf at a time.

What you will need:

1 1/2 cups warm water (70 to 80 degrees)

3 Tbsp. of oil (I use veg. oil, but I know some might prefer olive oil)

7 1/2 tsp sugar

1/2 tsp salt

2 Tbsp. mashed potato flakes (the kind you buy in the box)

3 cups bread flour

1 1/2 tsp. active yeast.

Put all ingredients in bread machine in the order above. Set machine on the "dough" setting and push start.

When it is done, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and punch down. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile butter or lightly oil your loaf pan. When dough is finished resting, shape into a loaf and put into your pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. When dough is finished rising, bake in oven for 30 minutes. Take out of oven and rub butter on the top for a nice light brown, soft, glossy crust.

Let cool, remove from pan and slice or wrap to store. This is a good bread that can be put in the freezer for later use. Just take out of freezer and leave on counter to thaw.

Enjoy!

No comments: