Thursday, August 6, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Do you ever just stop and truly enjoy your day. Sometimes I hit the floor running in the mornings thinking of everything that I need to get done during the day. I tend to get caught up in trying to get everything done, that sometimes I fail at just enjoying the "now".

Here's some simple things that I enjoy during my day.


Hanging clothes out on the line to dry. Our dryer broke down a few weeks back and I've been hanging everything outside on my patio. It's just a peaceful time for me while I'm outside hanging clothes. You can (usually) feel a breeze and hear the birds singing. I find myself singing too!


Watching and caring for our tomato plants. There's just something so satisfying about watching something you planted and cared for grow and produce. While we have only picked a couple of tomatoes, we have about 20 something growing on them right now.


Watching the kids and hubby playing board games.


Just driving around town with my husband. We don't have to spend money, but we do like to go window shopping sometimes or just take a drive out to the country.

What simple things do you enjoy?

Have a blessed Thurdsay!!

No comments: