Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm Not Superwoman


So, I was reading another blog this morning. She was saying that she had a friend that was discouraged after reading so many blogs from women who seemed to have EVERTHING under control ALL THE TIME. This friend had just had a baby and felt after reading from others that if she wasn't superwoman, that there must be something wrong with her.

So, let me be the first to tell ya...I'm not superwoman. Sure, I've had plenty of people tell me, "Wow, you are so organized"..or "How do you always keep your house so clean?"

I wish I was more organized...just open up some of the cabinets and you'll see how unorganized I truly am. Truth is if there was a club called Procrastinators Anonymous, I would be a member. Procrastination is truly my downfall. I make lists not just to be organized, but if I don't make the list....stuff just wouldn't get done!

There are days when yes, gasp...there are dirty dishes in my sink! Somedays, I might not get the laundry put away....and yes, there have been times that I thought...please no one open the microwave door and see how dirty it is.

I don't bake soaked whole wheat sourdough bread...tried it and guess what - my family didn't like it! But I do try and make my own bread along with baking a lot of other stuff as well. I don't make my own laundry detergent...I can buy a box that will last a long time for a little over $2.00.

I wish I could garden more, but lets face it - I just don't have much of a green thumb. I'm blessed to have my two tomato plants living! (and producing...an extra bonus!)

I get up every morning with a game plan and sometimes it works and sometimes life just takes over and my plan has to be put on hold.

That's just all part of it.

I just strive to be a good wife and mom and keeper of my home and do the best that "I" can. So, I'm not anybody else, I'm just me. You should be just you and not worry about trying to be someone else. Just do the best that YOU can.

Have a blessed Thursday!

No comments: