Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Spending Time with Hubby Today

Due to my husband's job, he has a weird schedule. His days off change every four weeks or so. This week he is off today and tomorrow. So, I am breaking from my regular routine to be able to hang out with him today. It's more of a weekend for us...since he works on Saturday and Sunday (bummer). Next week, however, he will rotate again and his days off will be Friday and Saturday. You just have to learn to roll with it.

So, today I got up way early for me at 5:30. Okay...I know this isn't early for some of you ladies, especially the ones with little babies. But 5:30 IS early for me. We have a small tree outside our bedroom window and our bed backs up to the window. Every morning like clock work, there are these birds that begin their chirp chirping. Usually, I can roll over and go back to sleep. But not today, too many things going on in my mind. So I got up and dressed and did a deep clean of my bedroom. Yes, I took out a large garbage back of "stuff" that was cluttering up a corner in my room. Whew, I had been meaning to do that for some time - I mean for months!

Keep in mind, my husband works nights, so he wasn't home and it is extremely easy to get things done in the morning. Next I tackled two loads of laundry (today is my regularly scheduled laundry day), started a pot of coffee - I absolutely HAVE to have my coffee. Yes, I am one of THOSE type of people (haha).

I unloaded the dishes and loaded up what was in my sink. I know - GASP! I left dishes in my sink overnight! Yes, it does happen on occasion. I hate dishes in my sink. I swept the kitchen floor as I try to do this everyday. And I swept up the living room and dining room. I have to sweep and/or vacuum everyday because of our dogs. I mean to tell ya....I could make another dog from the amount of hair I sweep or vacuum everyday.

So, no...I did not do my full blown kitchen cleaning - I haven't cleaned out the fridge. Not a big deal. And I didn't do my baking. I cleaned all the cabinetry yesterday. You know how you see one spot and you go to clean it then you see another and another. Well, that's what happened and before you knew it, I had cleaned all the cabinets and drawers. I really should do this once a week or at least twice a month. I'll have to remember to write it down on my list.

House was pretty much in order when my husband made it home from work. He had worked a 12 hour shift. He is always smiles when he gets home in the morning and I try and make sure that I greet him at the door with a smile too...even though sometimes I may not feel like smiling too much (more about that some other time).
The first thing he asks me every morning is "How did you sleep?". Usually followed by, "I love you" "I'm glad to be home".

He checked his email on the computer and then played Texas Hold'em Poker (not for money) for a bit. He loves playing and it helps him wind down after work. Then we decided we needed to run some errands.

He wanted to go to the bookstore to look for a book to help him prepare to take his ham radio test to get his license. But no such luck...they didn't have it and can't order it. Hopefully, we will be able to order it online. He was in communications in the military, so he should probably ace the test.

Last week a storm whipped thru and knocked one of our tomato buckets down and crushed our plant. Hubby was disappointed as this was our biggest plant and had a lot of promise. So, we headed out to Lowe's to buy a new tomato plant and we also bought a squash plant too. When we came home and planted them in our hanging planters ...yes even, the squash we are hanging upside down. Our other original tomato plant is doing great and even has some blooms on it!!

While we were out, we decided we needed to head to the store to buy some beverages and pick up something for lunch. It's so funny, but we were thinking about the same exact thing for lunch! Breaded ravioli...which we haven't had in 6 months. We had to go to two different stores just to find it. I know...not the healthiest...but oooh so good!

We watched a movie that I picked up yesterday. It's been awhile since we have been able to just sit down and watch a movie together. Aahh..the simple little pleasures.
I took a shower and then decided to take a nap...just because I could. By this time, it was 1:00 and hubby had been up since 7pm the night before - 18 hrs straight and was pretty tired as well. Let's just say, he decided to take a nap and is still napping. I expect to (try to) get him up in a couple of hours. If I don't, he won't sleep on a normal schedule tonight.

I'm just gonna take it easy the rest of the night. We have another movie we want to watch, and for once, I don't know what I'm doing for dinner...something simple and light - maybe a salad.

Yesterday, I had a job interview. And yes, I'm thinking of going back to work. It would help us out so much financially. Blake is my only child home full time now and he has decided he wants to go to public school (10th grade) in the fall. So, I wouldn't have to worry about homeschooling and him being here by himself. I would be able to get him to school and my husband would be home when he got off of school so I wouldn't have to worry about him coming home to an empty house.

Actually, I'm really excited about it. If you would have asked me a couple of years ago...I would have said "no way". Anyway, they are supposed to make a decision sometime this week. If I don't get it, I'll just keep on looking.....

Have blessed Wednesday!

No comments: