Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Getting Bargains

I am all about finding bargains. Whether I am grocery shopping, buying clothes or looking for just about anything else, I hate to pay full price.

My husband has affectionately labeled me as "cheap". He gets a kick out of my motto "If it ain't free, it ain't for me". And yes, I do get lots of stuff for free! Just check out your local freecycle. People will list things that they no longer need and its just yours for the asking! I have picked up some great solar patio lights, iron patio chairs, buckets for my tomato plants, bathroom mirrors, and even a practically brand new upright freezer! (My husband was really impressed with that last one).

Go to freecycle.org to find your local freecycling group.

Another one of my favorite bargain finding places is craigslist.com. If you are one of those people that have to have "brand new", this isn't for you. However, if you don't mind something gently worn, you can find great deals. Some of my finds include a mahagony dinning table for $75.00, a computer for $40.00, and our couch that has recliners on each end for just $40.00! We love this couch and it looked brand new when we brought it home! If we had bought that couch new, I know we would have paid over $400.00 for it.

Why pay hundreds of dollars when you can get it for so much more less?!

So, as stated before, we are in the process of buying a house (it's the most nerve racking period for me right now - so please pray for me) and the appliances are not in the best shape. The dishwasher is white and is dented. When you open it up, it is yellowish and has an unpleasant odor. The stove/oven is o.k....but I really wanted a smooth top (I've become spoiled with the one I have). So, I started searching on craigslist and I can't believe what I found!! We go and pick up the dishwasher today and we'll probably go get the stove and the over the range microwave next week. They are all black and stainless steel and only 2 years old!
Posting pics below. And the amazing part of this deal is the price! I'm paying just $75. for the dishwasher and $50 for the stove/oven and $50. for the over the range microwave. That's just $175.00 for all three!


No comments: