Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Power of Positive Thinking

Let's face it, there are some days that roll around that we feel so down and defeated it is very difficult to look up. I know, I've been there - we all have at some point. It is then that I remember my mom saying, "Angela, you just have to think positive". My mom is a firm believer of the power of positive thinking and she'll let you know that very quickly.

So whenever I feel overwhelmed with what life happens to be throwing at me at that time, whether it's something financial, or homeschooling, or just life in general, I will hear my mom's voice creep in to my head saying, "think positive". O.k....sometimes it's more like a loud shouting voice saying, "The world isn't ending, pull yourself up, think positive and do something about the situation you are in!" It is in those times, I wipe away the tears, realizing sitting here complaining and pouting isn't going to do anything to change what is going on. I need to pull myself up and do something...anything.

Sometimes doing something means realizing that somethings can't be fixed or changed immediately. If you have two cars and one breaks down and you don't have the money to fix it. Instead of beating yourself up about it, realize that you'll just have to save the money and make do with one car for now.

Whatever you situation is, whether it be divorce, finances, housing, etc....there is always hope. Try and be positive, you might be surprised at the changes YOU can bring around.

I would love to hear your comments. PLEASE leave me a comment and I will be sure to respond. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well said. My husband's family and my husband are all pessimistic folks. It's hard sometimes to deal with the constant stream of "the sky is falling" mentality. But, I've determined for myself (and as an example to our daughter) to be positive. Things are tight financially right now. We got behind by about a payday and a half and my thinking was that the only way we'd ever catch up was to get a windfall from some unknown source. It wasn't until I gave myself a good talking-to (ever had a good talking-to?) that I realized we COULD get back on track. It's been hard. I don't like not being able to buy whatever I desire at the grocery store, or go out to eat, or not go across town to Wal-Mart to save gas. But, we're doing it and we're going to be fine.

I'm doing cashcrate, too. I think I've earned almost $10 so far for September. Where do you do online garage sales? I cringe at the thought of doing a real one & I wondered how that worked.

Thanks for the great blog. I'm really enjoying reading it & being so encouraged.

Yvonne

Angela said...

Yvonne,

Thanks for your post. It is difficult when you get behind...sometimes you just want to just give up. It takes shear commitment and a willinginess to look at your situation and discover new ways of making it better. Staying on a budget can be difficult especially when we have in the past just gone out and bought whatever whenever. It is the realization that that is part of the problem of where we are today that makes you take a second look at where your money is going.

Keep plugging away at Cashcrate and I'm sure you'll enjoy that extra bit of cash that will be coming your way.
As far as online garage sales go...do a search on yahoogroups for "online garage sales". Hopefully there will be some in your area. There are 4 or 5 in my area that I post too. I, too, do not have the time or the patience to have an actual garage sale.

Angela