Monday, August 20, 2007

PAYING OF A CREDIT CARD - PRICELESS

I know you have seen the credit card commercials that end with something wonderful they have charged and the words that follow it - "priceless". What a bunch of hooey!!! What's priceless is being able to pay for that wonderful thing in cold hard cash and the knowledge that it won't affect your ability to pay your regular household bills. That being said, as you can see from on the side, we just paid off one of our Wells Fargo credit bills! It has been a long time coming, as I have been paying on it for three years. I called Wells Fargo and asked for the pay off amount. I then told her that I wanted to pay off the account and she offered to waived the over the phone fee if I wanted to do it then. Man, I jumped at the chance! I explained to her that my husband and I are following Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover and we have a goal to be out of debt. She told me congratualtions....and then proceeded to ask me to call if and when I needed to borrow some additional monies as they have an excellent home equity program. I wanted to say...No way, Jose!, but instead just told her I would keep in mind if the need arose.

This is the 5th account we have been able to pay off since March, and I must say that the feeling is PRICELESS!!!

No comments: