Sunday, September 22, 2013

Angela's Golden Honey Yeast Rolls

Please forgive the quality of the pictures.  Unfortunately, I don't have a camera and am having to make do with my phone.  The pictures really don't do these rolls justice.



Before I went back to work outside the home full time, these rolls were a staple in my home.  I made them at least twice a month, sometimes more.  I have to admit, since I have been working outside the home for almost 4 years now, I have made them maybe twice.

Baking is definitely a love of mine, and I miss it so.

My husband misses it too......


My poor bread maker has felt so neglected.  Time to show it some love.   I use my bread maker to do all the hard work of mixing the dough.     All of my ingredients are assembled on the counter. As you can see,  it doesn't take many ingredients to make up a batch of these yummy rolls.  Once everything is put in your bread maker, put it on the dough setting and hit start.

While the dough is making, I usually will start another recipe or go catch up on some housework.


I had to throw in this picture.  While the dough was mixing, I put away laundry.  This is Otis, our Catahoula Leopard watching me put away the laundry.

When your dough is done, you will punch down, let it rest, then roll into 24 dough balls.  You will let these rise for about 30 minutes.

Above is what it should look like after rising. 


 Just glaze, bake, and be prepared for a stampede to kitchen.






Golden Honey Pan Yeast Rolls

1 cup warm milk
1 egg
1egg yolk
1/2 cup oil
2 Tablespoons honey
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups bread flour
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast

Glaze:
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 Tablespoons honey
1 egg white

In bread machine, place first 8 ingredients in order.  Select dough setting.  When cycle is complete, turn dough onto lightly floured surface.
Punch down; cover and let rest 10 minutes.
Divide into 24 pieces; shape into balls.  Place into greased 9X13.  Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled - about 30 minutes.
For glaze, combine sugar, butter, honey and egg white.  
Drizzle glaze over dough.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown

ENJOY!

No comments: